HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
In day to day life, in the workplace, in the community or at home, you may be confronted by a life-threatening emergency such as someone experiencing Cardiac Arrest. Quick decision making and knowledge on what to do could save someone’s life.
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to recognise when someone is unconscious and not breathing normally (Cardiac Arrest) and increase their chance of survival by calling an ambulance and performing potentially lifesaving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), including using a defibrillator, until emergency services arrive to take over.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR in the event of an emergency.
Provider of Training and Assessment
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by On Point Training Group
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered:
- In the workplace or at an On Point Training Group facility
- Online learning with face to face assessment
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 2 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 1-hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 15-minute face to face practical assessment.
- Refresher training – 2 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken annually (every year).
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website www.allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
What happens at the course?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant.
- Practical scenarios –The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
- Perform CPR on an adult.
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must successfully complete all assessment questions.